Thursday, August 19, 2010

How do I curl my hair with a straightener?

I have a ghd hair straightener (I love it!!!) and can straighten my hair pretty well, but I want to curl it. My hair is pretty thick and wavy, just longer than shoulder length, with layers and a side fringe. I don't want to buy a curling iron or get a perm. I have watched videos and have tried like twisting the straightener and stuff, or however you're meant to do it but it dosn't work - my hair just goes off in wierd angles.


Please help! Any tips or techniques would be great.How do I curl my hair with a straightener?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQzOYXq14鈥?/a>How do I curl my hair with a straightener?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpl9KYzmJ鈥?/a>
Hmm? do you section it when you are trying to curl it? i would try that.


Are you using a product like hairspray when you curl it? i would try that too.


Weird angle thing you could make that work for you, by just adding a few curls in differnt spots.


:)
i would just buy a curling iron. I got a ceramic connair one that i LOVE from target for like 13 bucks. It is soooo worth it.
follow these steps








# Start off by dividing your hair, this can be done by parting your hair into two parts straight down the middle. For each side, roll your hair into a bun and hold it up with a clip. You also should repeat the last step for the other part of your hair.





# Turn on your straightener, and place it onto a sensible place.





# You will then need to take a bit of hair out of your bun this section of your hair you take out should be as thick as one of your fingers.





# You then need to hold that section of hair near the end of the straightener. You are then required to place the iron over the section of your hair. Afterwards, wrap that section of hair around the bottom plate.





# You will then need to gently close the straightener lightly gripping the section of your hair. Then glide the straightener down towards the ends and rotate it outwards. If you don't like the curl you end up with you can always try again on the same section of your hair





# You then need to repeat step 3-5, and use it to curl up the rest of your hair with a straightener.
Your GHD Straighteners should had come with a DVD, try that and see if it tells you on there. Otherwise, section your hair in 4, take small amounts and grip near the root of the hair with the base of the straightener (near the handle) then wrap the hair around towards the tip, like a cork screw. Then gently open and close the straightener as you ease it out of the curled lock. Spray lightly with leave in conditioner, or something to protect the hair before use and some hair spray after styling.





I'm not an expert though, just copying what my hairdresser has done on occasion. You should get yours to show you.

No comments:

Post a Comment