Saturday, August 21, 2010

MY HAIR STRAIGHTENER SUXX!!!! help me!!!?

ok my hair straightener sucks like heck!!! it will not straighten, no matter how high i put the heat!!! it curls my hair inward, not straightens, and the results from the straightening last about 2 hours before my hair gets horribly curly/wavy again!! my mom refuses to get me a new straightener, because she is convinced that because it was a flippin expensive straightener, it is good. however, i used my friends straightener at her house, and it worked AWSOME!!! my hair looked great for the first time in my life! so thats how i know that im doing everything right with my straightener. is it true that expensiver (i know thats not a word) straighteners work better than non expensive ones? like they automatically work better? i cant convince my mom that mine sux because she tried to straighten my hair herself. it took her 1 hour and my hair curled inward so bad i had to go and wet my hair to get the horrible styling out. i need help here!!!!! ahhhh!!!MY HAIR STRAIGHTENER SUXX!!!! help me!!!?
if it curls inwards its probably how your pulling


make sure your hair is compleatly dry %26amp;%26amp; afterwards put a serum on it and it shouldnt get frizzy





%26amp;%26amp; i agree with above. i love my chi :)MY HAIR STRAIGHTENER SUXX!!!! help me!!!?
have you tried to use a chi straightner they are like 129+ but they are amazing
okay i used to have this problem you arent using it right.....





when you are straightning, pull your hair as tight as you can before you run the straightner down it.......





and .... it should only go curly if you get it wet
For myself, I can say that the expensive ones work better. The best one for me has been The Chi.
heyy





get a chi it is the best straitener.
Get a CHI!! They are the best...well worth the price! most come with a lifetime guarantee. They make your hair look silky shiny and soft...
yes...i have a GHB hair straightener that cost 250 dollars but it works amazingly well..my hair is down to the middle of my back and extremely thick but i get it straight in about 20 mins...it's so worth the money
expensive isn't ALWAYS better
yep. you get what you pay for. and that means if you pay more you are more likely to get a better product. just prove it to her that it's useless. and convince her to get u another one. I have the conair infiniti and it was only fifty dollars. soo try something like that if one like a CHI is out of your league. good luck : )
well, i know that my friend's sister went to a tj maxx and got a chi for $10, and it works just like a regular chi, which is amazing, LET ME TELL YOU.
get a job, get a new one.. expensive ones work better and dont kill your hair as much.
ok conair works i have 1 and it was like 20 bucks and it works like a charm go 2 walmart and find 1 a big 1 though and it will work ! try it and c good luck !
hi yea sounds like your hair straightener does suck i have a real expensive hair straightener which works real well it goes to 210 degrees in 10 seconds and straightens first time!!
buy a sedu 2 inch straightener! They are the best! my hair did the same thing until i bought my sedu!
well expensive ones do work better if u get the right ones, CHI is the best one its about $120, there are many kinds that work well, my aunt's a hair stylist and she got me an iron from this salon place for $60 dollars and its great
ok


Use a clothes iron (yes the one you use to iron towels) and a small hand towel


let the iron heat up


put your hair between the hand towel and your clothes iron and pull down just like a normal dont rest it on your hair to long or it will singe


this way is heaps quicker and last the same amount of time as normal straigtners





that will do for now you should probably get a new hair straightener
well its not the price its the brand you buy.


try target they have good blowers %26amp; straighteners :]


make sure that its not an iron straightener because this would ruin your hair.


and also dont straighten it too often ,it can ruin your hair.


hope this helps :]
Yes! The more expensive, the better, that is why they are more expensive. Kind of like cars, the higher price, the overall better and well liked they are. If she ABSOLUTELY wont get you a new hair straightner, you can try asking to get a spray to use while straightening your hair, you can try looking up some online, or just look around at the store. They have tons of sprays that help a little. Or maybe you can bargain and comrpomise with her, like make some type of deal to get a new one. Or even have your friend bring hers over and show your mom how it works? The best hair straightner that almost all my friends use is the Chi. So keep that one in mind if your mom changes hers.
If your hair wants to curl, let it!!!!!!!!!! Curly hair is a ton of fun once you get the hang of it. A nice reference is the book Curly Girl. It's just a small, cheap paperback, but it's really helped.





To tame it a little, begin by throwing away your shampoo, hair dryer, hair straightener, and hair brush. I haven't used any of these for over a year and my hair has never looked better.





In case you want to see some pictures, here are a few to show the difference.





A couple of years ago: http://i27.tinypic.com/3354m1d.jpg


Any everyday hairdo (don't mind the pomegranate...) http://i31.tinypic.com/dr9l7d.jpg


Prom 2008: (back view, not the greatest picture) http://i26.tinypic.com/28qvuhv.jpg


(front/slightly angled view, not the greatest picture either...) http://i27.tinypic.com/9lioi1.jpg





For washing, it works the best for me in the mornings, but often I end up doing it in the evenings. Wet your hair, but don't pull at it. Wash your hair with conditioner- trust me on this one. You should get a bit of conditioner into your hands, then start at your scalp. Make sure to rub your scalp gently and massage it until it's clean. Continue along your scalp and to the ends of your hair. Rince your hair thoroughly, and finish washing. When you're finished, put a little bit more conditioner into your hair. Don't rinse this out. This will keep your hair moist until you start again. If you tend to get an oily scalp, start about an inch down your hair.





When you go to dry your hair, don't touch the hair dryer! This drys out your hair and makes it even frizzier. Take a hand towel and blot your hair by starting at the ends and bringing the towal toward you head. Once it's to the point of just being damp, put some gel onto your hair in the same way. With a little gel, run your hands lightly over the top of your hair to cut back on wispies.





From there, let it dry some more, then style it as you wish. Don't pull the top too tight, or you might end up looking rather strange with the top of your head very smooth, but the curls all disturbed in the back. Relax and let your hair show off. Refrain from rubber hair ties or other things that might ruin your hair.





If you don't get to do this in the morning, have a spray bottle with some water in it. Just lightly dampen your hair, rearrange a little, and you should be good to go! If you're worried about frizz, use a little extra gel. It'll be a little stiff that night, but in the morning it will have loosened up nicely.





It might take a while for your hair to recuperate. My hair took about a week to start really feeling good. I wanted to just have straight, easy hair for most of that time, but now I would never turn back. I've always been a very in-the-box conformist, and my hair gives me a chance to show what I can be. Oh, and you can definitely save by not buying all those expensive appliances and shampoo.
question what kind of straightener do you have anyways..hmm i like chi but sorry to me its okay....bleh, i have a Remington wet 2 straight and it works awesome best straightener ive had so far and only 30 bucks =]..ohh and dont go for bed head it sucks,pretty but sucks


ohh and Conair burns out over time
I came across this straightener today while web browsing and I plan on buying it soon. Here take a look:





http://www.folica.com/Sedu_Ionic_Cera_r1鈥?/a>





It's gotten a lot of good feedback from girls who own it and it's not that expensive (while on sale)
Well IDK if you have a JCPenny's with a hair place but we do I think you might be able to get these anywhere but I got a straightener from there it works really good the brand is called Hot Rod the straightener style is called Sexy Hair its about 80 dollars it gets like 250 degrees but it has a curve so it straightens and it only heats in like 50 seconds. Right now I have a Babyliss Pro straightener and I hate it. Just don't get Wal-Marty cheap-o straighteners I got this ';straighener'; and ';crimper'; iron at WM for 13 $$$ doesn't do ANYTHING D-= But now I have the Hot Rod. Its good.
Since straighteners are different prices the more expensive ones are going to work better. I have a hair straightener, and I use it all the time. The first one I had broke about a week ago, and I needed another one. So what I did was, I went to Wal-Mart and found the one I want, and got the name and everything. It was a Conair Infinit 2'; straightener. Then I went home got on www.ebay.com, and typed that i. In a store the straightener I wanted was like $55.00. On ebay, I found one for $11.00

No comments:

Post a Comment